Getting Mixed Search Results and Need Help with Filter Menu

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Getting Mixed Search Results and Need Help with Filter Menu

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are welcome.

Well, I don’t know about that feature. We are trying to make the plugin as least “invasive” as possible. Considering a lot of plugins on the market like to bloat the WordPress back-end with all sorts of messages and useless boxes and similar ads and nonsense – we try to avoid that. It makes very hard to acutally add useful elements where needed. Will definitely consider though.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

whynotadv
    whynotadv
    Participant

Ok, I understand but in the case of editing hundreds of possibly 1000s of keywords for individual posts, it actually would enhance and improve the user experience 10 fold. Imagine if you are in my shoes, having to click on each post one by one waiting for them to load each time, scrolling down to the bottom of the post, adding the keywords, hitting save the navigating back out of the post and selecting the next post, waiting for it to load and doing that process over and over and over again until you’re blue in the face! With allowing the field to be recognized by Admin Columns Pro, which is used by millions of WP users, you instantly make life easier for your customers.

I hope that was enough to convince you it is worth your time.

This feature along with conditional filtering would be amazing!

I suppose I could reach out to admin columns to see if they have a way of finding the Ajax search pro custom field for keywords? Perhaps they might have a way to access/find it from their setup? Or is it truly hidden from view?

By the way, I believe Admin Columns plugin has a free version you can use in your testing environment.

Well, I do appreciate all your help and happy that everything is working now. Hope you understand I’m a bit overwhelmed by the exhaustive amount of keyword combinations I’m going to have to go through adding, it’s gonna take a very long time. That’s why I was hoping for the editing improvement.

Kindly,
    Kenny

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I understand that. In your case it might be much much faster using a programmatical solution to update existing items with the keywords.
    We will definitely consider adding that as feature nevertheless.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

whynotadv
    whynotadv
    Participant

Gotcha, thank you. I think you touched on this before…If I add a new ACF text field to the individual model post pages will AJAX Search Pro recognize the information I input into those fields, correct? So technically, and simply all I have to do is add a new ACF field. Admin Columns Pro recognizes those fields. Will the keywords I input be recognized, right? I understand some of the mixed numerical values that are mixed with strings might not. I think in my testing the keyword: “4 Bedrooms” actually was recognized by Ajax Search Pro so it’s probably not an issue. Anyway, I will go this route as it’s very simple to do on my end to extend the keywords for search and it can be displayed with Admin Columns Pro so that is great.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Yes, the plugin will be able to access that ACF text field. Make sure to choose it for search under the General Options -> Sources panel.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

whynotadv
    whynotadv
    Participant

Gotcha, thank you!

whynotadv
    whynotadv
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

I think I’m finally getting somewhere with the search features. I was wondering if you can help me with the following:

1) How can I show ‘occupancy’ ACF custom field under the title in the isotope results image? See screenshot. I really want people to be able to see at a glance what the occupancy and even lot number is. So how can I show more data inside the image other than title of the post type?

2) The filter menu is really hard to center under the search box. Can you help me figure out how to center the filter box and just make it responsive to match the width of the search box at whatever width it ends up in the space it fills? I hope that makes sense. I don’t want a max-width. Just want it to span the width of the actual search box.

Thanks,
    Kenny

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Kenny,

1. If you enable to show the description for the isotopic results, then use the advanced content field, that should very likely do the trick.

2. Sure, for starters, change the filters layout to flex, and try this custom CSS:

form.asp-fss-flex {
        justify-content: center;
    }
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

whynotadv
    whynotadv
    Participant

Only problem I’m having now is that I cannot style the TRY keywords under the search box. Looks like you didn’t create a way to style the text. See my screenshot. There is a style applied to the word “Try:” but the keywords are using the default font size for the theme. I need to style the keywords so the size matches the “Try” title.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Indeed, only the coloring can be changed for them. Use this custom CSS to quickly change other properties:

p.asp-try a {
        font-size: 12px !important;
        color: red !important;
    }
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Getting Mixed Search Results and Need Help with Filter Menu’ is closed to new replies.