global built-in search field does not work on one single page

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support global built-in search field does not work on one single page

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    holzhuber95
    holzhuber95
    Participant

hi,
    we use Ajax Search Pro for the search field in the header of this website > https://www.centralmost.cz/
    The header is implemented globally on the whole site. Surprisingly, the search box does not work on one single page. Affected is this page > https://www.centralmost.cz/obchody/
    When I am logged into WordPress as admin and go to the page everything seems to work. If I call the page not logged in, only on this page the search field does not work correctly. in case it is important: we use elementor.
    please help us with this issue.
    thank you,
    martin

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Martin,

This is very likely a cache related issue. The search bar on that page is still the one from the elementor, and not the search plugin shortcode. Make sure to clear all layers of cache: page, CDN, asset, minify, browser etc.. and then it should be okay.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

holzhuber95
    holzhuber95
    Participant

Hi Ernest,
    thanks for the quick answer.
    The server cache has already been cleared and also the CSS regenerated. Unfortunately this did not help. Do you maybe have another advice for us.
    Thank you,
    Martin

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Martin,

It is definitely the cache, especially if you see the correct version when logged in. If I check the timestamp on the page source, I get that the page served was cached on 3rd of December last year.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

holzhuber95
    holzhuber95
    Participant

thanks 🙂 we got it working and the search is now working. However, we noticed a second problem that we can’t explain. After we installed the AJAX SEARCH PRO plugin and implemented the search, the arrow icons in the navigation are no longer displayed correctly on some pages. Instead of the arrows, only rectangles with an outline appear on some pages.
    We have just installed your plugin on a second Elementor site and this also happened there. Nothing else was modified on the sites.The problem also occurs when you are logged into WordPress. Do you have any idea how we can fix this?
    Thank you,
    Martin

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I’m afraid this is not related to the plugin. Looking at the page source, on the pages where the icons are “missing”, I don’t see the CSS rules declaring the “Font awesome” icon set, and the font-face file is also missing from declaration. The plugin does not use this set, neither does anything with it anywhere in the code.
    It is very likely the same cache related issue as the one before. However if you think it is possible to replicate on the test environment, then please add temporary back-end and FTP access to that secondary test site and I will check it directly there. I will try to debug the code then line by line to see what conflicts.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

holzhuber95
    holzhuber95
    Participant

ok, then i will contact elementor support. thanks anyway!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Let me know if the issue persist, or if they find any conflict with our plugin. You can add temporary FTP and back-end access to a test environment anytime, we are more than happy to help.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

holzhuber95
    holzhuber95
    Participant

Hi,
    the problem has been solved and the ticket can be closed.
    By adding a Font Awesome 4 support script (shim.js) everything works again now.
    Why the whole thing was triggered by adding the plugin is not quite clear to me but the main thing is that it works again 😉
    Greetings,
    Martin

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Great! Thank you for letting me know! I will colse this ticket then.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘global built-in search field does not work on one single page’ is closed to new replies.