Google Analytics issues and Results Page template

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Google Analytics issues and Results Page template

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mc2prod
    mc2prod
    Participant

I think there are two separate concerns here.

1. Google Analytics is not registering keyword searches
    2. Results page template.

Currently on our production site versalift.com, the results display in a results box which is fine but i believe it does not allow for Google Analytics to track with the Ajax results box (please correct me if I am wrong). So on versalift.staging.wpengine.com, I enabled the page redirect to the results page but it seems that the default search template is displayed. I thought there was a ASP search results page template? I have already enabled the search override in the settings but cannot get the ASP search results page to display. I have looked over the documentation and was not able to find any more information on this.

Thanks,

John

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi John,

1. For google analytics to work make sure to have the universal analytics tracker code installed. There was an earlier version of this tracker, some sites may use that, but that does not allow custom tracking. Also make sure, that you don’t have any ad-blocker browser extensions in use, those usually disable the tracker code, so it may appear not working at all. For the site search tracker to register the keywords it takes some time, up to 24 hours in some cases. To use that feature, make sure that is activated as well: Site Search Tracking documentation

2. Unfortunately there is no results page template, as it is not possible to override a template file properly from a plugin. I’m working on a possible solution, that involves custom shortcodes within a single page, but there are many obstacles and limitations that need to be resolved yet.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.