google analytics – site search

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support google analytics – site search

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jarry23
    jarry23
    Participant

Hello Ernest,

I have issue with google analytics – site search. On average 26% of users used search and now I can see only few daily. I believe there must be something wrong in settings or tracking incompatibility, because the day after I fully implement your plugin tracking drastically drop down as you can see on attached screenshot. Can you have a look on it. I need to see what users are searching for and also overall analytics result data are not correct because of this missing tracking.

Thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

You may have to check and change your configuration on the site search tracker. By default the analytics tracker will look for the “s” query string, but in your case the search is configured to redirect to a custom URL, where this query argument can not be used.

On the google analytics administrator panel, on the site search settings, try changing the Query parameter to “asp_s” instead of the default one: https://i.imgur.com/hLRb4vc.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

jarry23
    jarry23
    Participant

It works. Thank you 🙂

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.