Grey screen after update

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by alvinhy alvinhy 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    alvinhy
    alvinhy
    Participant

Hello,

I have just updated to the latest version of Ajax search pro and when the plugin is activated, the whole website shows a grey screen.

When I deactivate the plugin, the website returns to normal. Please can you find a fix for this?

thanks,
    alvin

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Can you please provide temporary back-end and FTP details to the given site? I’m not able to re-create this issue on any of my test environments or the demo sites. Without any error messages or seeing the issue I can hardly suggest a fix unfortunately.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

alvinhy
    alvinhy
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    alvinhy
    alvinhy
    Participant

Hello,

I have found out what is causing the grey screen.
    I de-activated Ninja Forms, and the website is back to normal.

Whenever Ninja Forms and Ajax search pro is activated together, it causes the grey screen. Is there a fix around this?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you, this was really useful information! It turns out that Ninja Forms was using the WP_Session class just like Ajax Search Pro in the latest version, but they have probably a very old version.

I had to make a change in the ajax search pro plugin code to apply a quick hotfix for this issue. Now they should work correctly. Thank you for the proper information.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

alvinhy
    alvinhy
    Participant

Thanks for the quick and awesome support.
    Do I need to do anything now? Will this be included in future updates for Ajax Search pro?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You don’t need to do anything, I will take care of this.

I’m releasing a hotfix update later today with a version number of 4.8.3.1 most likely, which will include a fix for this exact problem only. You can safely ignore that update if you see the notification, it’s the exact same change as yours have now. All further updates will include a fix to this issue of course 🙂

If you like the plugin, feel free to rate it on your codecanyon downloads page, it’s greatly appreciated.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

alvinhy
    alvinhy
    Participant

Thank you! I’ve left a 5 star feedback for the awesome customer support 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Grey screen after update’ is closed to new replies.