group and filter settings problems

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support group and filter settings problems

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mastmast
    mastmast
    Participant

Hi, the plugin is installed in clone of epyxida.gr (78.46.243.49) NOT here 163.172.78.137. You need to change your host file to see the clone site.

I have 3 main problems:

1) The group results not working properly. There are products in different categories but the results keep displayed in other results
    2) I have enabled product category filters only for parent categories.
    The problem in this is that if i check the parent category filter in front settings and the product is assigned only in a subcategory of the specific parent, then the product keep displayed in results
    3) Search in title only filter not working

Please advise me

Thanks
    Ilias

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Ilias,

Can you please add temporary FTP and back-end details, so I can check your configuration and do code debugging if neccessary?
    Thank you!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

mastmast
    mastmast
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you very much for the proper details, it helps me a lot.

1. The problem is, that many items does not belong to the main category, only assigned to the sub category: https://i.imgur.com/UxOYmjG.png
    Because of that, there is no connection between that taxonomy term and the product, and wordpress returns a false value.

2. This is the same problem as the previous – since there is no connection between the product and the parent category, the filter has no way of knowing to exclude them. If an item is included within a sub category, it does not mean it is included within the parent category – as it can be explicitly unchecked.
    It is because some items may not be represented by any subcategory, and a subcategory item may not be fully represented by a parent category.

3. This one seems to be working for me. I have tried searching ‘…’, when the search in title was enabled I got a result, when it was disabled I got no result.
    Please note that this checkbox is not a ‘search only in title’ filter, but a ‘search in title’, meaning it turns on/off title search, and does not make the search exclusive to title only.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

mastmast
    mastmast
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the late response, I had to investigate a possible resolution, and I think I have found a fix for both cases.

1. I had to make a direct change to the plugin code in order to make this one work. Unfortunately this will disappear once the plugin is updated, but with these instructions you will be able to restore it every time:

– The file I have changed is wp-content\plugins\ajax-search-pro\includes\classes\search\class-asp-query.php
    – Line 1031 was resplaced, which is:

– It was replaced by these additional lines:

Hopefully, now if you enable the grouping, the parent categories will be appended to the results, and should be categorized accordingly.

2. This one was easier, I had a custom code ready, which was previously used in a ticket about a year ago. I have added this custom filter to the functions.php file in your child theme directory. This will work even after an update:

Hopefully it should work as you expect it now, or at least very close to it.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

mastmast
    mastmast
    Participant

Thank you very very much.

One more question.

Is it possible to create a custom field in search front settings so it can search only in post title?

mastmast
    mastmast
    Participant

also,

How can i translate “filter by product categories’ in front settings ?

Thank you

mastmast
    mastmast
    Participant

Another minor problem.

When i use {_price} then it displays price excluded vat.

How can i change this? Needed price displayed with vat included

Thanks

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

It is unfortunately not possible to create a filter to search only titles.

To translate/change the filter header, click on the ‘Change display mode’ button under the taxonomy term filters panel, where you should be able to find the header text for that taxonomy: https://i.imgur.com/nj6Snht.png

To display tax included price, use the _tax_price field instead of the _price field. That will do the trick.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘group and filter settings problems’ is closed to new replies.