Grouping by Post, Content Type and Custom Groups

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Grouping by Post, Content Type and Custom Groups

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by nickchomey18 nickchomey18 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    nickchomey18
    nickchomey18
    Participant

I would like to add a site-wide search to my BuddyBoss (buddypress + bbpress + extra features) website. I have configured a search instance that returns the appropriate results, however I cannot get the Grouping to work as desired via the menus.

I can either select to group by post type or content type, but the search encompasses both – posts such as posts, pages, forum topics etc… – and content type such as BuddyPress activities.

Is there a way to combine these grouping types or even add my own groups via code? BuddyBoss has various specific activity types such as Documents, Photos, Videos, and they can also be posted in a personal activity feed or a group’s activity feed.

An alternative is that BuddyBoss’ search functionality has its own template system that generates groupings with tabs. Would it be more feasible or appropriate to try to pass the results from ASP to that?

Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Well the only way to make this depth of customization is via a custom code. The asp_result_groups hook documentation may help you with that.
    With that you have basically access to the final groups, make changes to it, add new ones, unset results etc..

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

nickchomey18
    nickchomey18
    Participant

Thank you. I’m not sure why I didn’t see that hook/documentation – it should serve my purposes. I’ll tinker with it for a while and let you know if I have any specific questions.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.