Grouping by Post Type, extended functionality

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Grouping by Post Type, extended functionality

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    optimalpartners
    optimalpartners
    Participant

I couldn’t find a roadmap or anything with plans for the future updates of Ajax Search Pro. But I know recently there was an update that allowed for grouping of search results. I’m wondering if there is a way already (or if there will be a way) to have links that will filter them on the results page. I’d imagine that’d be similar to the grouped ordering, but I understand that that is much more involved.

I think our ideal is to have search come back with all results ordered by relevance and then allow the user to select the types of content or categories or etc. Is any of this possible? Or will it be possible? I think our other option is to have our developer do some customizations, but I wanted to check to see if it is something that the plugin does or will support going forward so we can minimize our customizations. I’d hate to see our customizations affect the way the plugin works on our site.

Thank you for your help

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Unfortunately I don’t this will be possible in the near future, I’m not planning to implement filtering the results page. Mainly because it highly depends on the actual user theme, therefore it would not work in too many cases properly (at least not the way I want it).

For the ajax results lists however I’m planning to add more features, including ordering drop-down option filters, depending on how the current update works out in terms of bugs and issues.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.