GTranslate Plugin & ASP Compatibility

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support GTranslate Plugin & ASP Compatibility

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Alex Meda
    Alex Meda
    Participant

Hi,
    I recently installed the plugin called “GTranslate” in order to translate my website and unfortunately I’ve been dealing with an issue linked to ASP contents. it doesn’t translate ASP results contents at all, I mean the text. Please Take a Look
    I displayed some custom fields data such as:
    Price
    Category
    Location etc, I want all of them to be translated, unless these 2 plugins are not compatible yet. Can you please help?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Currently only Polylang and WPML plugins are officially supported. We could not find an API for Gtranslate plugin, and without that we cannot do an integration unfortunately.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Alex Meda
    Alex Meda
    Participant

Oooh that’s unfortunate however, I have to tell you that added another language, “Spanish” and it seems to work perfectly. Please take a look at the screenshot below.
    My conclusion is that maybe it doesn’t support the French translation ?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The problem is more likely how gTranslate works – it translates the page on-the-fly, and not on the server side (or it does not seem like that). The plugin is inserting/removing/changing nodes whenever the results are printed to the page, by sending requests to the google translate servers. The translate plugin may have event listeners set to some node changes or perhaps the ajax handler – but may not be able to translate/cacth everything for translation.
    If there was a javascript API of some sort available, we could somehow tell the other plugin which texts to translate on which events, but without that this is not possible.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Alex Meda
    Alex Meda
    Participant

Hi 🙂
    By the way, I hope you had some sweet vacations. I knew so because last week when I was about to open a ticket, I’ve been notified that you were on vacation 🙂

Now, coming back to our topic, I am not sure if I understand the last part of your message. You know, the “JavaScript API ” part. Is there any specific information that you wish I could get from GTranslate team for you to make it work? Or…

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you very much, we had a great time 🙂

Well, sort of, but I’m not sure if I can explain correctly. Basically, I am looking for a way to tell the gTranslate plugin to translate a string, that I can specify. Usually there is either a function of some sort – in this case probably a javascript method, or event or something like that – which we could use to translate the desired section.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Alex Meda
    Alex Meda
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Great, that looks perfect.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Alex Meda
    Alex Meda
    Participant

Yeah “results count display info” has been successfully handled but we’re still working on the mayor issue which is the translation of the results contents. You know some information about the post custom fields data like: “The title, the category, the location..”

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I understand, but if there is no API or anything I can start with, I can’t tell how to force translating that. Maybe their support can suggest anything?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Alex Meda
    Alex Meda
    Participant

I already forwarded your message to them and they say that they will keep me updated.
    So I’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Okay, let me know.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Alex Meda
    Alex Meda
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

That is great, I hope they can deal with it.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.