Having problems configuring

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Having problems configuring

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Complete Complete 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Complete
    Complete
    Participant

Please look at the site for me at https://www.complete.wedding

Your search module is below the main search module on my site.

First can you tell me how i can get it to be right below the search module that is on there at the moment.

thanks

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the proper details.

I’ve looked into the theme structure, and it looks like that the wp-content\themes\weddingvendor\page-templates\page-slider2.php file is printing that filter bar, and it’s not possible to override it without changing that file.

I have placed the search PHP shortcode there on line 96 of that file for you, currently is inactive. If you want to display it, just remove the html comment tags from that line, so it becomes just:

<?php echo do_shortcode('&#91;wpdreams_ajaxsearchpro id=1&#93;'); ?>

I recommend creating a child theme if there is no other way of placing the search bar there, you might need to ask the theme author if there is any. Otherwise this customization may get overwritten when the theme updates.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Complete
    Complete
    Participant

great then what do i change then to try to move your search engine up

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you want to completely replace it, then remove lines 57-93 from that file , and enable line 96 to display the ajax search pro bar instead. I have place instructions for you there.

I’ve also made a modified version of the file for you, named page-slider2-asp.php. So if you want, you can simply rename the page-slider2.php file to page-slider2-original.php, and the page-slider2-asp2.php to page-slider2.php.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Complete
    Complete
    Participant

Ernist,

Don’t suppose I could get your plugin to look exactly the way the main search on the page looks the big one, with one small change. I wanted it to have the parent followed by the child so i dont need to put USA or UK in front of every city as it is now. I would also like the AJAX pro one I have now directly under it. Could I have one search to incorporate both or would I need 2 AJAX Search. If you can help it would be great.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.