- November 5, 2017 at 8:23 pm #15388
I am have trouble configuring two taxonomy filters on my search form (located on the home page).
1. I have a checkbox called “Open House” (property_label). I would like it to show all the listings (whether open house is not open house) when the box is unchecked, but when it is checked it will only show open houses in the results. I can’t seem to get this working at all.
2. I would like to add a dropdown filter for property_type, but it will automatically only show results in the first category (Agriculture). I would like it to show all categories by default, until the user chooses to select a specific property_type. The theme’s default listing page has this functionality by default: https://point59.com/listings/
MikeNovember 6, 2017 at 2:51 pm #15398
Thank you very much for the proper details and explanations, it helps me a lot. I have made a few modifications (I hope you don’t mind), I will explain them below.
1. I believe you are looking for this exact configuration: https://i.imgur.com/2rxaCtG.png
These options will make sure that (1) at least one of the selected terms for each taxonomy group must match, (2) and that posts that are not marked with any of the selected taxonomy terms is excluded, and finally (3) if nothing is selected within a checkbox filter it is ignored.
Whenever the ‘Open house’ label is unselected, it is ignored (because of option 3), however when selected it is required to match (because of option 1).
2. You can actually do that by clicking on the display mode button, and adding a text and choosing the default. I did it for the ‘property_type’ taxonomy for you as an example: https://i.imgur.com/ksHXz8E.png
It results in: https://i.imgur.com/UJxUBPP.png
I hope this helps!Best,
If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.