Help uploading correct filter options…

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Help uploading correct filter options…

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello. I’m struggling a little bit.

Here is my site: https://yestoabetterlife.com/reviews/

I am trying to replicate what it looks like in this example and unsure of what to do next to fix it: https://ajaxsearchpro.com/staff-search-filter/

In essence, what I’m trying to do it basically tidy up the different filters. So on my website you can see the three different filter headings: Location, type of coaching and coaching topics covered. I would like three headings to appear as check lists for people to select what they’d like to see.

Please help.

Mauricio

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Mauricio,

Here is a tutorial related to that example, that should clarify most of your questions.

However, as far as I can see, the Location, Type of coaching and the Coaching topics are from the same taxonomy (categories), so unfortunately they cannot be displayed in separate filter boxes. You can change the display mode to a drop-down, but they cannot be separated to different filters, because of the single taxonomy.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Hello. I understand what you are saying about being in the same taxonomy (categories). Please tell me what I have to do to separate this?

I also tried to follow the step by step tutorial but it didn’t help. I would need personal one-to-one assistance. Or if possible could you do it for me.

I simply want the three categories to appear in three separate columns. Whether they are put in categories, tags or whatever, I don’t mind.

Thank you

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Usually, I recommend using the CPT UI plugin for creating custom taxonomies. I also recommend reading the custom taxonomy documentation, just to have a basic understanding of what they are, and how they work, I think it is really worth it.
    I am not sure if that plugin is capable of separating existing categories to separate taxonomies, you might have to ask the plugin author about that.

I can assist you with the filters, but the taxonomies are needed first. I cannot help you making those, as it is beyond the scope of this plugin support. If you are having difficulties, I usually recommend this service, so far I haven’t heard any complaints about them.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Hello.

I thought you were the plugin author. How do I find out who the plugin author is please?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I am not the author of the CPT UI plugin, I think you can contact them via the support forums on the plugin page.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Hello Ernest.

I have clicked on the support forums link you’ve included, however it is not clear on what button I must click on as it appears to be in another language. Please help so I can get this sorted as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    Mauricio

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Mauricio,

I think you can make a new topic at the bottom of the page, if you scroll down: https://i.imgur.com/Z1J3QJn.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.