Help with Staf Search Demo

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Help with Staf Search Demo

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    alightmedia
    alightmedia
    Participant

I’m trying to re-create the staff search:

https://ajaxsearchpro.com/staff-search-filter/

I can’t make mine display the additional info – In your staff search example om the website, it shows Department, and Languages.
    What are these? Taxonomies? Tags? Custom Fields?

I’d like to set up so mine shows data pulled from ACF Custom Fields beneath the Post Name.

So how do you have it set up in the staff search demo?

My search page is currently located here:
    alightmediatest.net/guideseekers/dr

P.S:
    I followed the Tutorial you have on here:
    https://knowledgebase.ajaxsearchpro.com/miscellaneous/tutorials/demo-setup-staff-search-and-filter%5D

But it did not mention anything about displaying the staff members Department or Language

Thanks!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

In the example we are using categories and tags for the filters – it is detailed in steps 2-4 in the tutorial.

You can do that same with custom fields too. For those I recommend checking the custom field filters section. Those are probably even a bit simpler to setup and easier to use as taxonomy terms.

I generally recommend using taxonomies for reusable data – for example languages, categories etc.. You can assign the same language to multiple posts, and in that case it is more efficient to use taxonomies, as the storage is simpler. For more random or numeric or date data it is better to use custom fields, as the data is more variable, and is less reusable.
    Either way, using custom fields for everything is still perfectly fine, as long as you are not planning to have a huge amount of posts (like 100 000+). In those cases it is very important to use the most efficient data structures, but for regular uses it is fine to have the most convenient setup for yourself or the client.

I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.