HI, I can't replace theme search by ajax search pro

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support HI, I can't replace theme search by ajax search pro

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    unnati
    unnati
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to replace my theme search bar to ajax search bar. The configuration is not working. So, I am trying to use PHP code by placing it in a seacrhform.php file.

But it is not working for me. Please let me know where can I add that PHP code in the back end file to it can replace.

PHP code: <?php echo do_shortcode(‘[wpdreams_ajaxsearchpro id=4]‘); ?>

Thanks,
    Unnati

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

It depends on where exactly you want to place the search bar. You might have to ask the theme author about the file locations, because for each theme it is different.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

unnati
    unnati
    Participant

Hi,

I am attaching the screenshot, Where the actual default search is right now. And I want to replace that with Ajax search pro. You can use below credential to check. I might have disabled it from CSS code but there where the search bar is.

WEB url: https://wecruitr.com/
    User: admin22
    Pass: dRQTxtwLF^KRxweKrBXX&gAGFTP url:

Thanks,
    Unnati

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you!

I think that is hard coded somewhere, but I cannot find it within the theme files. Maybe using the search as a menu item would be a possible solution. Can you try that? You can read about it here.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

unnati
    unnati
    Participant

OKay,
    Thank you.

unnati
    unnati
    Participant

Hi, I have tried to add the search at the menu bar. And I am using page result on click of the magnifier icon. But, I can see the result is not displaying with profile picture and other information. Instead, it is showing the result with “by | May 13, 2019 | Uncategorized” .

How can I change the layout of that result page?

Here is the screenshot. Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The layout of the results page is fully controlled by the theme you are using. You might have to contact the theme developer about it. Usually, the search.php file in the theme directory is the one that needs editing.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

unnati
    unnati
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Well, he wasn’t very helpful. Can he at least say which file is it? I cannot guarantee anything, as it is a customization request as he said, but if he can at least tell which file contains the header search, that would help a lot.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.