Hi – Quick Question

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pstrachan91
    pstrachan91
    Participant

Hi there,

I’ve noticed something that is a big issue for me. I have the sources set to posts only. However, I’ve noticed that when I put a post in more than one category, all of those categories need to be selected in order for them to appear in the results.

For example, when I put a post in the home & garden category and the wholesalers category, both of these categories need to be selected in order for the post to appear in the results (see attached screenshot). If only one category is selected, the post does not appear.

I would like the results to appear if either or these categories are selected e.g. if the user selects home & garden only.

In other words, if a post is in more than one category, all of those categories need to be selected in order for it to appear in the results.

Maybe there is a setting to change this?

Thanks very much,
    Paul

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

Yes, there is an option to change this. On the Frontend Search Settings -> Advanced panel, change this option to ‘At least one of the selected terms should match’.
    That should do the trick.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

pstrachan91
    pstrachan91
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thank you, worked perfectly.

Paul

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.