Hi – Settings Shortcode Bug

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Hi – Settings Shortcode Bug

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    pstrachan91
    pstrachan91
    Participant

Hi there,

First of all, great plugin, it’s awesome. There is just one issue with the settings shortcode that I’ve noticed. I’m trying to get the settings to display at the right hand side of the search bar.

This is what I done within Frontend Search Settings – General…

Setting – Show search settings switch on the frontend? – ON
    Setting – Set the search settings to visible by default? – ON
    Setting – Search settings position – BLOCK OR CUSTOM

It works as should with the simple shortcode, however, when I use the custom settings position shortcode to place the settings elsewhere, it breaks on the frontend and displays the settings 3 times (please see attached screenshot).

I have spent many hours trying to fix this without success, I can only assume it’s a bug.

Hope that makes sense,

Thanks very much,
    Paul

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you for all the details.

When a block is displayed multiple times, it is usually related to a 3rd party script, but I am not sure in this case though.

I assume you want a two-block layout, where the settings block is on the left side, and the search bar on the right side, something like this: https://i.imgur.com/uxbv3mO.png

To achieve that, simply use this shortcode alone, nothing else at all:

[wd_asp elements='settings,search' ratio='50%,50%' id=1]

(just change the id parameter, for the search ID you have)

This should do the trick, your settings seem to be all right to me. You can construct these types of shortcodes with the Shortcode Generator feature. Let me know how this works out!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

pstrachan91
    pstrachan91
    Participant

Hi there,

Thank you for the response. I tried the shortcode you provided but it’s simply not working as expected. I’ve tried every possible combination but there is a different issue each time. As soon as I set ”Search settings position” to block and set them to ”visible by default” it breaks. It also does not display correctly on mobile.

I simply want to put the settings on the left hand side of the search bar but it’s proving to be impossible. It seems to be an issue with the shortcode, it does not work correctly when ”block” is set rather than hover.

Thanks very much,
    Paul

pstrachan91
    pstrachan91
    Participant

Hi there,

I just wanted to let you know that I’ve resolved the issue. It seems to have been a theme based search bar within the main menu that was causing all the problems. All is now fine having since removed this.

Thanks for the help,

Paul

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hi – Settings Shortcode Bug’ is closed to new replies.