Hide customs posts in live search

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Hide customs posts in live search

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MartinE
    MartinE
    Participant

Hi Ernest

Finally bought your excellent plugin 😊

And is I thought, the ajax search lists the documents that the user is not allowed to see, right now I made it so that if you choose the document in Ajax live search, there is just a link back to the search, but I would prefer it, if the files are not listed at all

See website without being logged in.

if you go to fil-database menu item, and search for test you can see a file named test3.pdf, but if you click on manuals, the file is hidden as it should be.

I am as I told you, using “User Access Manager” to hide the files for different users.

Anything you can do? And if you can – price?

And here is documentation for UAM
    https://github.com/GM-Alex/user-access-manager/wiki/Code-Snippets

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for your kind words!

Unfortunately we are not available for custom jobs, but I will try to suggest any custom code I can. I checked the code-snippets link, however it does not contain enough information for this case.

For this to work, I need either a way to get the post/document IDs, which the user can not access, or a function, which can check if the user has access to a specific document.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

MartinE
    MartinE
    Participant

Hi again

Thanks for following up – I just mailed the creator of UAM, hopefully he can give me function 🙂

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you! Let me know 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

MartinE
    MartinE
    Participant

Hey Ernest,

I changed the search and the redirect setup quite a lot.

I just wanted to ask, if you had any input how to “speed” up the after the redirection from the search?

Im not sure wether is the dom url filter element which is slowing it down or if its the 301 redirect. But maybe you can advice 🙂

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Do you mean the redirection after clicking on a result? The redirection afterwards is completely handled by the server/browser itself, the plugin does not have any effect on it unfortunately.

I recommend checking any custom .htaccess rules you have, often times they can be optimized. Also looking at the firewall on the server, maybe lowering it to certain file access could gain some speed for the redirection.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.