Hiding Review Titles from search results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Hiding Review Titles from search results

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    josephgardonis76
    josephgardonis76
    Participant

Hi I renewed my support for this plugin. Thank you for the the instructions on how to do it.

So again, I’m NOT looking to hide reviews themselves. I want the reviews with the scores, customer name, address, and zip code to show up. But not the titles like “loser, awesome, great to work with”…Those titles only need to be entered for the Ultimate Reviews plugin to work but I already had the title hidden on the Read Reviews page.

Also no results from the reviews like the name, address and zip codes are coming up. I thought I had set everything as it should be so they would show but I must be missing something.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you!

I understand now. You want to display the custom field names as the title and the content, instead of the default post titles. For that you can use the advanced title and content fields.
    I went ahead, and added the customer name as the title, and the address and zip code formatted as the content fields: https://i.imgur.com/KgggPZJ.png
    You can change that as you like, add the rest of the fields if needed.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

josephgardonis76
    josephgardonis76
    Participant

Hi so thank you for getting those results to come up when they’re typed in the search field. However I went thru the instructions you provide and removed the {titlefield} tag for advanced title field but it still didn’t remove the review title from the final result on this page. I’ve attached a screenshot to try to help provide a visual of what I’m looking at and how I don’t want the “Loser” title or any title like that in bold shown on the results page.

That’s all and we should be good

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Well, the plugin can not change what is printed on the results page unfortuantely. That is controlled exclusively by the theme. You may need some custom code to change that.
    Check the theme options, if there is any information about changing the default titles. They may also have a tutorial to quickly create a child theme to edit the results page template.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.