Horizontal results not showing little base scroll bar

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Horizontal results not showing little base scroll bar

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tjldesigns
    tjldesigns
    Participant

Hello,

As always such an amazing plugin!

Just one small problem I seem to be having, if you use the top menu and hover over people, that is where you will see the search, and I have set it to horizontal search, but it doesn’t include the horizontal scroll bar beneath as you have on here : https://ajaxsearchpro.com/horizontal-layout/ as rather than it drop down to the next line for the 4th entry, I want the horizontal base scroll bar to show. Am I doing something stupid and missed something?

Many thanks for your help,
    Tonya

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you for your kind words!

It took me a while, but I found why it’s not displaying properly. There is this CSS rule, that applies to all menu elements and their descendants as well:

.wsdownmenu-list * {
        transition: all .3s ease;
        transition-property: all;
        transition-duration: 0.3s;
        transition-timing-function: ease;
        transition-delay: initial;
        -o-transition: all .3s ease;
        -moz-transition: all .3s ease;
        -webkit-transition: all .3s ease;
    }

This is basically a 300ms ease type of transition, which is applied to anything within the menu, including the results box. This delays the rendering of the results by 300 milliseconds and the scrollbar script does not detect the item widths and heights correctly (I’m guessing).

The solution is very simple. Just add this custom CSS rule, to make an exception of this effect for the ajax search pro elements, and it should start working properly again:

.wsdownmenu-list .ajaxsearchpro * {
        transition: none !important;
    }
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

tjldesigns
    tjldesigns
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thank you so much for your quick reply, this is so much appreciated as your solution is perfect, it is now working great :)!!

I just have one small other query which I wonder if you can advise me on. Can you see if you start a People search, say type in Katie. The results show, so all fine to here. Now hover away from the menu results so they disappear. Then now hover over the Services menu item, can you see the service submenu shows, but the problem then comes up where as you scroll into the submenu, the people results appear instead as they are still active and somehow taking over… Do you know why this might be happening?

Thank you so much again,
    Tonya

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Tonya,

I’m not sure, but it does not seem to be related to the search, but I might be wrong. I did a test where I simply deleted the complete search nodes via the inspector, only left the sub-menu UL element there: https://youtu.be/f-Y5E2psUjU

Weirdly enough it only affects that menu item, so my best guess is that if there is any custom CSS or script relating to that menu item, it might be the cause.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.