How can I search an Envira image gallery?

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support How can I search an Envira image gallery?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by elearningpro80 elearningpro80 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    elearningpro80
    elearningpro80
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to use Ajax Search Pro to search An Envira gallery. This is on our test site. I have created search “Printable Search” having short code. [wd_asp id=2]

I added the search short code and the Envira gallery to https://www.testbrightmindstraining.com/test-page/

I added tags to the 6 images in the gallery. I need the search to return the images having tags that equal the search terms.

I read the knowledgebase article “The images are not displaying, what is wrong?” and followed the steps provided as best as I know how.

Please help me figure out how to search an Envira gallery by image tags. I added a few screen captures of the pertinent objects.

The port for FTP access is 11562

Thank you.

Larry

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I assume the images are media attachments? You can check that by going to the WordPress media library (Media menu). Then enabling the search in attachments should do the trick.
    If the tags are stored as taxonomy terms related to the media images, the plugin will be able to search them without any issues.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

elearningpro80
    elearningpro80
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Yes, the images are media attachments. I enabled search in attachments and the image having the search term as a tag is returned from Word Press media. However, I need the image to be returned from the Envira Galley. The reason is that Envira allows for a URL to be associated with the image in the Gallery and for the document (PDF) at the URL to be opened in a separate window. See attachment “Capture 7.PNG”

I know I can create a grid of images with WpBakery Pagebuilder and assign URL’s to images there. However, moving / reordering images within a row is not possible within WpBakery Pagebuilder. That is why I purchased Envira. Also, the functionality that allows tags to be associated with the images in Media is provided by Envira. You can see this in the attachment. Is there a way to use Ajax Search Pro to retrieve images from the Envira Gallery based on the tags assigned to the images?

Thank you,

Larry

Attachments:
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

That URL information is probably stored somewhere internally in Envia Gallery, or in a meta field or something similar.

Returning the images by tags – do you mean searching them by those tags, or using those tags as filters? It all depends on how those tags are stored. If those are taxonomy terms, then it should be all right – by default the plugin does search those.
    I am not familiar with the inner workings of Envia, so it all comes down on how that information is stored.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

elearningpro80
    elearningpro80
    Participant

Hi Earnest,

I will check with Envira to see how the URL associated with the image and how the tags are stored. I will let you know what they say.

By “Returning the images by tags” I mean that if I had several images of baseball players in a gallery of many sports images and I have the tag “baseball” associated to the baseball player images that when I enter the search term baseball all of the images and only the images with baseball players would be displayed in the Envira gallery.

Thank you for your assistance.

Larry

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

All right Larry, thank you.

I understand, but that still does not clarify how those tags are stored unfortunately. Regular wordpress images does not have that feature, so I don’t know what those are exactly and how they are stored. If those are taxonomy terms, then they should work. If not, then there is probably not possible to search them unfortunately.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

elearningpro80
    elearningpro80
    Participant

Ernest,

I apologize for the slow reply. Envira Gallery was not my support tickets. So, I had to contact them via a different method. Included below is the pertinent part of the exchange I had with Envira Gallery.

Thank you,

Larry

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Me: Ajax Support asked how the Envira gallery image tags are stored. Are they stored as taxonomy terms or some other way?

Envira: Our tags are custom taxonomies

Me: My understanding then is that like other tags in WordPress they can be used for grouping related content or used as a filtering / search mechanism. They are custom in the since that by default, images in the WordPress media library don’t have tags and Envira adds them as a taxonomy.

Envira: To the best of my understanding, after having shown a developer your ticket, you’re correct; I’ll add that Envira does not provide a template for taxonomy archives, which may or may not have an effect on what you’re shooting for.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Okay, if this is the case, then it is very good news.

Can you please try this setting on the attachment search settings page: https://i.imgur.com/SqIRyb0.png
    By default it should be turned on, but just to make sure. After that, the images matching the tags should appear in the results.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

elearningpro80
    elearningpro80
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

I enabled the search in attachments as you described. If you will go to https://www.testbrightmindstraining.com/test-page/ you will see the test search and Envira test image gallery. When you search on the word “science” two items are listed in the results. Please see attachment capture 8. When you click on the STEM science 266×254 image in the search results you are taken to https://www.testbrightmindstraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/STEM-science-266×254-1.jpg. When you click on the image at the uploads address nothing happens.

When you go back to https://www.testbrightmindstraining.com/test-page/ and click on the same image in the gallery the document at https://cdn-testbright.pressidium.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/User-Instructions-V3.pdf is displayed. For lack of a better term I’ll call this the “in the Gallery action”

We need the “in the Gallery action” action to occur when the image is returned as a search result. I tried changing the “link the results to” attachment page, attachment file directly and attachment parent post. None of these settings returned the image in the Gallery with the “in the Gallery action” enabled.

I need the search to work within the Gallery. Is this possible? The Admin access I provided to you is still active.

Thank you.

Attachments:
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I assume this “gallery action” is a custom thing defined somewhere in the envira gallery? Is that the pop-up window, that opens when you click an image in the gallery?
    I’m afraid that is not possible without major modifications, as it is a feature directly implemented into the other plugin. To make that work, probably some aspects from the envira gallery output have to be applied to the results output – as well as a custom script to attach the same events to the search results to trigger the pop-up window as if it was an envira gallery item.
    I am not sure how difficult this might be, but Envira gallery sure is a great plugin, so they probably do have a documentation or a guide for this somewhere. For customization works I don’t have direct contacts, but I usually recommend Envato Studio, where you can look up developers for custom jobs.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

elearningpro80
    elearningpro80
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

I appreciate your efforts on this issue. I will check with Envira Gallery support to see if they have any suggestions. I may pursue the customization route.

Kind regards,

Larry

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.