How do I move the legend tag to the end of the fieldset tag?

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support How do I move the legend tag to the end of the fieldset tag?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Yasutake Yohei
    Yasutake Yohei
    Participant

Regarding custom field settings option, I would like to move the <legend> tag to the end of the <fieldset> tag in HTML for looks.

Please see attached image.
    In settings option, I can set a scroll bar to appear when the custom field item is increased, but the legend scrolls with it. To prevent this, I would like to take <legend> tag out of <div> tag and put it at the end of <fieldset> tag.
    Is it possible to do this by modifying the source somewhere?

* In the image, the selected area on DevTools is the one I edited, moving the legend tag outside of the fieldset tag.
    I also set overflow:unset in CSS to make the scrollbar appear.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 12 months ago by Yasutake Yohei .
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 12 months ago by Yasutake Yohei .
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Well, this is a tough one, but I think you can do it via the filter templating system.
    If I see correctly, you are using the custom field filters. For that, you will have to look for the wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/includes/views/filters/custom_field/asp-cf-header.php file, and follow the instructions in the tutorial to make a copy of it.
    Then you can try moving the legend tag, outside of the filter scope.

I may suggest using custom CSS to hide the legend tag instead, and printing it above the actual fieldset again, as a paragraph or a div element, so it does not break the actual original structure. Something like this: https://gist.github.com/anag0/5197f820cb15050fa5940989db9b2101

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.