How to apply Ajax Search Pro to Portfolio

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support How to apply Ajax Search Pro to Portfolio

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kari5482
    Kari5482
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to apply the AJAX Search PRO to my website on this sub-site: https://www.buendnisgegenrassismus.de/workshop/

You can see that there are many workshops, created as portfolio items. Now I want to sort them out by different parameters. I only know “portfolio category” and “author”. How can I set 5-7 different search parameters to the portfolio item? Is this possible? For example, we want to have: “A number of participants”, “target public”, “topic of the workshop”, “price”, “method of the workshop”, etc.

Also, is there a demo for this plug-in which I can install?

Thank you a lot.

Best regards

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no demo setups available, because for each site the object IDs for taxonomies and post types are different, thus it would require completely new data structures.

If believe you are looking for these:
    Search in custom post types
    Taxonomy term filters and other frontend search filters
    – If the portfolio items have custom fields, then perhaps the custom field filters as well

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Kari5482
    Kari5482
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Well, the custom field filters will apply to any post type object (including the portfolio), if the custom fields exist for that item. Make sure to add those custom fields to the portfolios as well, if you want to apply the filters for them.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Kari5482
    Kari5482
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Kari5482
    Kari5482
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

You are welcome.

1. If you prefer this hovering layout, then you can change the z-indexes, so the settings get below the results floating box.
    If you rather want a different layout, so that the settings, results are displayed as a block next to each other – then you can use the shortcode builder feature for that. Maybe to generate a shortcode like this:

[wd_asp elements='search,results,settings' ratio='100%,70%,30%' id=1]

2. You can find it here: https://i.imgur.com/XdiqaKd.png

3. It is one of your custom field filters. If you edit the range slider there is a “prefix” and “suffix”, look for it there: https://i.imgur.com/Rbb3smH.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.