How to exclude domain keywords from results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support How to exclude domain keywords from results

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stakanovist Stakanovist 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Stakanovist
    Stakanovist
    Participant

Hello,

When I make a research from the bar in the menu with a word included in the domain name (savon or chiffon), results seem to include all products instead of just products which contain these words in there name, as asked in settings. eg :

https://savonsetchiffons.com/?post_type=product&s=savon

Can you have a look please ?

Regards

Romain

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Romain,

Thank you for the details it helps a lot!

The search override feature was disabled. That means the default WooCommerce results were displayed. The keywords must have matched somewhere in the content or a custom field – it is not possible to search the domain name, it is very likely stored somewhere.

Anyways, I have enabled the override, now you should start seeing more relevant results.

I also recommend updating the plugin sometime because it is outdated.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Stakanovist
    Stakanovist
    Participant

Hello

Thank you. It seems better, but not perfect yet.
    I have also disabled all search sources except the “search in title” option :
    See “1” image attached.

Then I don’t understand why I keep on ending up with results which do not contain the word “savon” in their title :

See “2” image attached.

https://savonsetchiffons.com/?post_type=product&s=savon&asp_active=1&p_asid=1&p_asp_data=1&customset%5B%5D=product&asp_gen%5B%5D=title&filters_initial=1&filters_changed=0&qtranslate_lang=0&woo_currency=EUR&current_page_id=11996

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I logged in to quickly check, but these results are not actually coming from Ajax Search Pro, these are completely different from what I get when triggering a search on the back-end.

That means, that something else is trying to override the shop search results. Is there any other search plugin, custom code or some sort of a shop page filter active by any chance?
    When clickin on the pagination I see a request sent to the WordPress ajax handler, and it originates from a divi_filter_ajax_handler action.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Stakanovist
    Stakanovist
    Participant

Oh ok, I understand. Divi bodycommerce plugin also provide ajax search settings. I’m going to check them. Thanks !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.