How to get results to go to a custom URL

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support How to get results to go to a custom URL

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sgdesign
    Sgdesign
    Participant

I am using the Divi theme.

I do not want the search results going to the normal search results page for WordPress. I think I followed all your instructions (see attachment).

I have a temporary page set up for the search https://akroncantonweddings.com/search-results/

And when I type in “flowers” … and then hit the “more results” link I want those results to go to this page https://akroncantonweddings.com/more-search-results/

On that page I used the ASP and put the code [wpdreams_ajaxsearchpro_results id=1 element=div] into the window.

But the more results still takes me to a generic search results page.

Do you have any ideas what I might be doing wrong?
    Thanks for any help you can give me.
    I’m not a developer, I’m just a designer.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

The problem here is, that the results shortcode is only to move the live results list on the same page as the search is on. Redirecting the results to a page of your choice is not possible unfortunately. WordPress uses a default search results page, and only the theme is able to affect that. The plugin can redirect to that page, and push it’s own results, but cannot affect it’s layout unfortunately.

The two possible options here is to either redirect the more results to the default results page, or use the live loader feature instead, so that the results will be loaded automatically after the visible ones.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.