How to Implement Certain Configurations?

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support How to Implement Certain Configurations?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    pyordanov1794
    pyordanov1794
    Participant

Hello there,

we have a basic question regarding the configuration we should use in order to achieve our desired results.

First off, it’s inevitable to say how awesome this plugin is! It’s absolutely incredible with it’s easy to use UX and all the options it has.

We are a mid-size e-commerce website with more than 1,300 + products.

The things we are looking to achieve are:

1) whenever someone types a keyword related to a category, we’d like to show the product categories and sub-categories, instead of products.

2) we really like how your plugin can have settings tab where people can choose categories to search in. How can we achieve that? For example, on Amazon’s website, at the search bar, you choose which categories you’d like to search in.

3) When we tried the Lite version of the plugin we noticed that there’s an autocomplete option of Google Search. How can we use our website instead of terms for autocomplete?

4) Whenever someone types a keyword and gets a suggestion, can we prioritize some keyword suggestions to show before others? In other words, we have some products that appear in one same keyword. However, we want product X to be with a priority in an appearance before product Y. How is that possible?

Those are the configuration we’d really appreciate if you can help us implement to achieve the required results. Thank you in advance for helping us out.

Best regard.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you very much for your kind words, I really appreaciate them!

1. It is possible, this documentation will explain everything you need.

2. You can create filters based on taxonomies or custom fields. In case of products, you are probably looking for taxonomy term filters. It also worth reading how the settings layout is handled.

3. Sort of. You can have both autocomplete and keyword suggestions to use contents from your site. Google is much much faster, as it runs on a external service.

4. Yes. You can prioritize some results individually (whenever they match), as well as create groups for more complex uses.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

pyordanov1794
    pyordanov1794
    Participant

Great, thank you so much for your reply! We appreciate you helping us out to make everything faster.

Following the questions, can you help us with these ones: (thank you!)

5) we did make it so that categories instead of actual products show up in the search. How can we make it so that when someone types a keyword that corresponds to a product, to actually show the categories that product is in? And also, what login should we use/recommend to use?

6) Is it possible to have some products be shown under different terms? I guess this should go under ‘synonyms’, right?

What I mean is that we have products that are also known with other names. So whenever someone types the other name, it shows him the product related to that term? I hope I did make it understandable.

Thank you for your help!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by pyordanov1794 pyordanov1794.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

5. The redirection options can be set here

6. Well, you can use the additional keywords field, if you want to add some more, alternative phrases.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

pyordanov1794
    pyordanov1794
    Participant

Thank you for your reply!

We did make it so that categories instead of actual products show up in the search. How can we make it so that when someone types a keyword that corresponds to a product, to actually show the categories that product is in? And also, what logic should we use/recommend to use?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I’m afraid that is not possible. You can display products related to terms, but not the other way around. The default keyword logic is usually good for most cases. You can try experimenting with them: https://documentation.ajaxsearchpro.com/behavior/search-logic

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

pyordanov1794
    pyordanov1794
    Participant

Thank you so much for your help and the time!

We’ve done almost everything so far listed as questions to you.

We have another question related to the WooCommerce results page. Is there a way for that page to be modified?

We are currently using the Divi theme. Is there a shortcode that we can place for the results to show there?

Thank you!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you very much for your kind words!

The results page layout is fully controlled by your theme – I’m afraid there is no shortcode for that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.