How to lazy-load or delay auto-populate search until it gets focus|visibility?

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support How to lazy-load or delay auto-populate search until it gets focus|visibility?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    peter Ode
    p8092040
    Participant

Hi Earnest,

Thank you for your replies with my other support tickets. I am impressed with the flexibility of AjaxSearchPro. I will read the reference pages you’ve directed me to.

Here is another, different question please:
    Q: Is there a way to lazy-load or lazy-execute the search query such that the results only display when the user scrolls down the page to view the section where I have the auto-populating search?

Q: Same thing with the other tabs on the page. I do not want the searches executed in the other tabs until those tabs get the focus.

Thank you.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for your kind words!

Unfortunately this is not possible without custom coding, this is a very specific case.
    There is a javascript API available for this purpose, which allows you to do various things – like open/close settings, do search etc.. You can find the documentation here: https://goo.gl/aIYqaL

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.