How to modify isoptic load more pagination behaviour

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support How to modify isoptic load more pagination behaviour

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    luyendao
    luyendao
    Participant

Hi Ernest, quick question!

Is there any way to change how the pagination works? I’m using the Isotopic results template, and I’d like the “Load More” at the bottom to append new results to the bottom of the search results, rather than replace what’s already there ( i believe that’s the default behaviour).

If you type in “Wisconsin” – this is an example of that behaviour i’d like to change.
    https://forefrontdermatology.com/providers/

Can you provide any tips on what to modify for this?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

The “load more” does not replace the existing result, but appends the new ones after the old ones and reloads the isotope script, then paginates to the first page of new results.

How exactly would you like to change that?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

luyendao
    luyendao
    Participant

Hi Ernest, sorry yes you’re right – the Load More reloads and paginates to the next page.

The modification i’m hoping to make is imagine there was no traditional pagination, the initial load had 10 results for example. Clicking Load More would load the next 10 below the initial set of 10 and so forth. So the user would keep scrolling down as they loaded more, this is common in blogs and such and wondering how I’d go about doing this here.

Thanks for any tips!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Well, for that you could try to change the “Rows count” option on the Theme Options -> Isotopic results panel to a high number, like 100 or so: https://i.imgur.com/IdWez3k.png

This would prevent the pagination from displaying, unless there are at least that number of rows printed. I haven’t tried this though, but it should work.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.