How to return taxonomy terms as results when clicking search icon ?

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support How to return taxonomy terms as results when clicking search icon ?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    superman
    superman
    Participant

My issue is Video 2 , How to return taxonomy terms as results when clicking search icon ?

Taxonomy: stores
    Terms: Ahava.com
    Cheryls.com
    Gap.com
    ….. more store names

Video 1(click live result): This search result is what I want.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4BrGeTR-ESZVFk5UlRuQnl1cnM/view?usp=sharing

Video 2(click search icon): The results are not what I want.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4BrGeTR-ESZOHprNFFReEVaRnM/view?usp=sharing

• This topic was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by superman superman.
    • This topic was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by superman superman.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I know what you mean, but it’s not yet possible in wordpress. The wordpress engine is not capable of returning non-post objects as results.

However I see your theme has a function implemented to list the “stores” cupons on a specific url, which is something that might make this possible in your case. I have changed the “Redirect url” option on the General Options->Behaviour panel to “?store={phrase}”. So it now redirects to the store page coupon search. This is the closest way for now.

I’m in contact with a few wordpress core developers, and hopefully the taxonomy search is going to be available as a core feature in wordpress from version 4.5. Let’s hope so. Many, many people have requested this from them.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

superman
    superman
    Participant

Hi Ernest,
    My English is not well.Thank you for your reply.
    The term is “store name.com” , I got Nothing Found if I type store name.
    For example:
    The term is “Gap.com”, I got Nothing Found if I type “gap”.
    I must type whole name “gap.com” that I will find it.I try to set Keyword logic but it doesn’t work.

Best
    Ken

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

As I said before this is not possible, simply because there is no way to do it in wordpress. I know it does not find it, because it’s the theme provided search url.

I would happily do this for you if it was possible to return taxonomy terms on the default core search, but it’s not possible. No matter what I do, there is no way to do this yet 🙁

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.