- August 11, 2020 at 8:29 pm #28909
Staging site access:
Hello and thanks in advance for your help. I have two basic questions and one issue.
1) First question: After looking through all plugin settings and reading through the documentation I cannot find how to set up the plugin settings in order to replace the search field with a selector dropdown. On the Envato plugin page it says it works as a selector so I know I’m just missing the directions.
2) Second question: How do I customize the language used when there is no post found?
And, my issue (but first a little background): I got the plugin to manage access to our custom post type of Agent—sales agents around the country. The HTML selector needs to contain a list of the 50 states and then, as a state is selected, display the Agent custom posts that have that state entered in their agent_state field (as created in Advanced Custom Fields—FYI, under Compatibility & Other Settings, I have the ACF option turned on).
I was able to set up the basics for the display of the Agent information in the plugin settings with your very thorough interface options, especially the General panel and the Advanced Options panel. (Nice work on that!)
3) My issue: Even with those settings in place, when I enter a state in the search field that I know I have sample posts for, no results display. I have created sample Agent posts with agent_state fields for “New Mexico” and “Washington” and “New York” but I get no results when I enter those search terms exactly.
EphremAugust 12, 2020 at 10:08 am #28914
Thank you very much for the details, it helps us a lot!
1. Do you mean like a drop-down field? For that you will have to create a front-end filter first, and then disable the search bar. In that case, the plugin shortcode will output the settings box instead of the search box.
2. For the live results you can change that here. If you mean the results page, that is probably hard coded somewhere in the theme, you might have to ask the theme author about that.
3. The problem is, that there are no post types selected, make sure to select the agents post type: https://i.imgur.com/74qsHL4.pngBest,
If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)
August 14, 2020 at 1:39 am #28931
Thanks, Ernest! That definitely helped.
I think that I followed through on what you suggested and I’m seeing the select dropdown as I want but I’m still not getting any results. Rather than seeing a “No results” response I’m seeing a failure message:
“The request failed. Please check your connection! Status: 0”
I’m probably missing something simple but I’ve not been able to track it down.
Thanks for your help!
EphremAugust 14, 2020 at 9:21 am #28940
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.