I cannot change the search box color

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support I cannot change the search box color

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    elearningpro80
    elearningpro80
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to change the color of the search box from red to green. I made the change to #6e9277 which is rgb(110, 146, 119)

I tried to resolve the issue by following the steps here: https://wp-dreams.com/knowledge-base/style-changes-does-not-apply-after-saving/

I did try this with the twenty twenty theme, but the search box color was still red. I did not disable all the other plugins.

I performed all 3 recommended steps as best as I could. My website host is Pressidium which is a managed wordpress plan. So, I don’t have access to cpanel. I was able to purge the server cache using the facility provided by Pressidium on their site.

I have the plugin installed on our test site. After this issue is resolved I plane to disable and delete the plugin on the test site and install it on our production site.

Please see the attached screen images.

Thank you,

Larry

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for all the details!

I logged in to check the configuration, and I think the issue was only the input field background. It was also set to red, and with that theme the input field covers almost all of the search background space. I changed that option to transparent, now the change should be visible: https://i.imgur.com/WmlxJeQ.png
    I also quickly changed the magnifier background color, to match the search bacground for you.

I will check if that input color is set to transparent by default on all themes, to avoid this issue, I may have made a mistake somewhere, as it should be transparent by default.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

elearningpro80
    elearningpro80
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thank you for making this correction and for showing me how it is done. I’ve been impressed with your plugin and now your timely support.

Kind regards,

Larry

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.