I want custom fields to show up on my results page

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support I want custom fields to show up on my results page

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    FarrahB
    FarrahB
    Participant

I want to find out if it is possible for two of my custom fields to show on my results page.

Currently, the custom fields are being searched, and I have my search criteria how I need it. But, on my results page, it shows only a title and excerpt. Can my custom fields for iaomt_author and iaomt_year show also.

I would like it to be like this:

Title
    Author Year
    Excerpt

If your plugin does not allow for this, is there code that can be created to make our website display this information?

Thank you

FarrahB
    FarrahB
    Participant

Sorry, I should include that the name for our search is the “IAOMT”.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

The results page is not controlled by the plugin unfortunately, it is a theme related feature. I think the only way to add custom fields there is by creating a child theme and editing the search.php theme file in your theme directory.
    I don’t think this is possible with a custom code, at least I am not aware of any other method to change the displayed content on the results page.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

FarrahB
    FarrahB
    Participant

Thank you Ernest. I was thinking along the same lines.
    If we create a child theme and edit the .php file, would we have to input this information every time there was an update to our site?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I believe not, as child themes are not overwritten during theme/plugin/site updates.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

FarrahB
    FarrahB
    Participant

Thank you Ernest. You have been most helpful.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.