I want the same isotopic results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support I want the same isotopic results

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by antonisdok antonisdok 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    antonisdok
    antonisdok
    Participant

Hi
    I tried to do the same isotopic search as you have at your demo site ( http://wp-dreams.com/demo/wp-ajax-search-pro3/isotopic-layout/ ) (left search bar – right search results) but i didn’t have the same result as you have.
    The page that i want to change and i have put for testing your plugin is this: http://274879452.blog.com.gr/ho [all pages >> ho]

*Also*

I tried your plugin with desktop and ipad mini.
    Desktop is ok but with the ipad when im writing at the keyboard:
    1) the results doesnt showing automatically
    2) when im press search and have some results, im closing the keyboard but the results are disappearing.
    How can we fix these small problems?

Thanks for your great plugin
    and im waiting for your reply.
    Antonis

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

We are using a theme, where you can separate the page into two halfs, and one half holds the search shortcode and the other one the results shortcode. You can mimic this with the following html code:

<div style='float: left; margin: 5%; width:39%; min-height: 200px;'>
        [wpdreams_ajaxsearchpro id=1]
    </div>
    <div style='float: right; margin: 5%; width:39%; min-height: 200px;'>
        [wpdreams_ajaxsearchpro_results id=1 element='div']
    </div>
    <div style='clear: both;'></div>

As for the ipad issue, I’m aware of that. Unfortunately haven’t found a solution to hide the keyboard automatically after clicking the search button. I’m in contact with other mobile developers, so I’m sure we will come up with a solution very soon.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

antonisdok
    antonisdok
    Participant

Thanks firstly

I tried to put the code at this page but i didn’t have results. Im not so good at the codes, now im trying to learn..
    I use Visual Composer for editing pages so open elements >> html Row >> copy your code but nothing.
    I have to change html at the theme code?

Antonis

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I’m not familiar with visual composer unfortunately. But I believe you can separate the page to rows with without using any html code.

You should look up the visual composer documentation or tutorials on how to put shortcodes into separated rows.

There is also an insight in the ajax search pro documentation on how to use and insert the search and results shortcode if you want to use them on a different position: http://wp-dreams.com/demo/wp-ajax-search-pro3/docs/#positioning_the_results_elswhere

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

antonisdok
    antonisdok
    Participant

Ι’ve done that but it didn’t work

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    antonisdok
    antonisdok
    Participant

results

Attachments:
    antonisdok
    antonisdok
    Participant

admin

Attachments:
    antonisdok
    antonisdok
    Participant

preview

Attachments:
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

It’s because the results are set to “hovering” and not “blocking”.

Go to the search Layout options panel -> Results layout position -> Blocking (pushes content)

It is also described on the documentation link I sent you earlier.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

antonisdok
    antonisdok
    Participant

🙂

I do that also.
    When im “Blocking” the results does not showing at all

antonisdok
    antonisdok
    Participant

with horizontal results is worked when i change “Block layout margin top” 12px -> 1px
    But with isotopic.. see the images

Attachments:
    antonisdok
    antonisdok
    Participant

1px

Attachments:
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I have changed the ajax handler on the compatibility options menu and it started working. I have no idea what the problem was, but it seems fine to me now – at least I hope so.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

antonisdok
    antonisdok
    Participant

Hi Ernest.

i m trying two days for making the search giving me only categories result.. No posts, no items, only categories.
    The site that i creating is a city-business directory so i want the search to have the “character” of what you are searching.. what business the visitor want to search.. for example: plumbers or mathematic teachers no theachers only (parent category), i want categories search but also subcategories.

Because the theme that i have buy (javotheme directory) have his own categories i believe that your plugin doesn’t recognise them or is somewhere on settings that i cant find, two days now.

Please help!! My head is burning..

antonisdok
    antonisdok
    Participant

http://274879452.blog.com.gr/wp-admin/edit-tags.php?taxonomy=item_category&post_type=item

This is the link at the admin with the categories that i want only. No the companies items, no pages, no posts, no nothing.. Only categories results.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.