I want to filter my search with taxonomy groups

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support I want to filter my search with taxonomy groups

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by anilu22154 anilu22154 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    anilu22154
    anilu22154
    Participant

Hi, I’m building a site for a client, this site has a custom post type named ‘Players’, and a Taxonomy named ‘skills’ for the Player’s post type.

My client wants to filter the results this way: https://imgur.com/a/p8xDr7e

When I try to filter by taxonomies, I don’t get the option fo make taxonomy groups, is there a way to do this?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m not sure I understand your request correctly.
    Each “Player” has to be assigned to any of the terms of the “Skills” taxonomy, which you want to match with. Do you have some sort of a primary/sub category setup?
    From the image, it seems like this is sort of a primary/sub/sub/.. category setup, but I don’t know if I understood correctly.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

anilu22154
    anilu22154
    Participant

Yes, each player can be assigned with any ‘skill’ term. My client already has some skills that are parents of other skills, but that parent/child relationship doesn’t match the one I sent you on the picture. So what I want, is to be able to make checkboxes for a group of taxonomy terms.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I’m afraid that is not possible then.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

anilu22154
    anilu22154
    Participant

Oh ok, thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.