Images with norwegian characters æ,ø,å not showing up in results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Images with norwegian characters æ,ø,å not showing up in results

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #13515
    Jarleiv
    Jarleiv
    Participant

    I have set up Ajax Search Pro to serve as a plant identification multi access filter. I have defined characteristica for plants via several custom fields. I use Advanced Custom Fields. I have filled in the custom fields for three species to test the functionality (akeleie, alm and amerikamjølke). The filter worked fine for the two first, but it refused to return a picture for the third one, which contains the norwegian character ø. The image file names had the flowername with ø in it. After entering a new image where i had oe insted of ø in the file name, that image showed up as it should.
    But it will be a lot of work to replase all these norwegian characters in several hundred file names. Is there a way to make this work without replacing all these images?

    #13516
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

    Hi!

    Thank you for the proper details, I was able to log-in and check your configuration.

    I’m not sure however if I understand the problem correctly here. I see a search instance, looking for pages and some custom field filters as well. Is the problem related to this search instance? If so then:
    – What should I input to the search to see the problem?
    – Does the complete result missing, or only the image is not showing up?

    Thank you!

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


    #13518
    Jarleiv
    Jarleiv
    Participant

    It is the filtering of custom fields that gives me trouble. If you choose the upper left dropdown and change it to Kvit (which means white), you get three results. I want all results to show the pag name and an image. In the first of the results (Akeleie) everything is working fine. And the first image on the page is shown. The third result (Alsikekløver) shows no image. But if you click on the square you are taken to the correct page, and there are images on the page. Result no 2 in the filter result area showed no image when I first tested it. But then I noticed that the results without images were plans with names containing one of the three extra letters in the norwegian alfabet, æ, ø, å. When I uploaded an image where I did not use any of those letters in the file name, all of a sudden I got a visible image of that plant (amerikamjølke) in the result.
    So my problem is that it is a lot of work to go through all the plant pages (hundreds) and remove images and then rename them and upload again. Is there a tweak that can make the images show up even if I have used “illegal” characters in the file names?

    #13522
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

    Hi!

    Indeed, I’m sorry, I can see the issue now. The image name was not encoded correctly whenever parsed from the content.

    I’ve logged in via FTP and applied a fix to the DOM parser script to force-convert all content to UTF-8 encoding before getting the images. Now it should display correctly.

    I will make sure to include this fix in the upcoming release, so you won’t have to worry about it.

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


    #13531
    Jarleiv
    Jarleiv
    Participant

    It works now. Splendid! Thank you very much.

    #13532
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.