implementing search into theme

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support implementing search into theme

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by kamanecom kamanecom 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kamanecom
    kamanecom
    Participant

The plugin stated that the replace default search button does not work 100% of the time. This is the case with the theme we are using (The Retailer). It provided a hint as to how to implement the search bar manually but as we are not developers, it was not clear to us. We are looking for guidance on how to have search pro integrated into our theme.

Thanks,
    Darwin Pierre-Louis
    Kaman Industrial Technologies
    [email protected]

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

It indeed cannot replace search bars automatically, that does not utilize the searchform.php theme implementation method. Most themes do that, but there are a few exceptions.

In this case the only possible option is to directly replace the search code within the theme code. There is no generic place of this search code, so I’m not able to tell you where to look and what to replace exactly. I highly suggest contacting the theme developer, he will know exactly which files to approach and safely change.
    The method is basically to locate the theme file where the search bar is included or printed, and replace that with the PHP version of the shortcode: https://goo.gl/8NlmBq

While it’s not part of the support process, I can try changing it for you – if you have a test environment which I can temporarly access via FTP.
    In this case please also specify where the original search bar is on your website visually, if it’s not in a visible location.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

kamanecom
    kamanecom
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    kamanecom
    kamanecom
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

kamanecom
    kamanecom
    Participant

Yes! This worked. Thank you very much. We will style it from there. Much appreciated.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.