Inconsitent results between vertical & search page

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Inconsitent results between vertical & search page

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by compositeenvisions29 compositeenvisions29 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi – on our production site – https://compositeenvisions.com/ – we have ASP set up in the upper right hand corner. I’ve been getting some inconsistent results between the drop down results & then the results on the search.php page.

For example, if you search for the term ‘prepreg’ the results that show in the in the vertical results are pretty much perfect. However, when you hit enter or click on the magnifying glass to go to the full search results page, the results are all over the place. In a perfect world the same results that are showing in the vertical results would be showing on the search results page, along with other less relevant items.

I’m not quite sure if I’m missing a setting or what may be going on. Any assistance or insight you can provide would be appreciated.

-Wally

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Indeed there is something wrong there, as if the search override is not triggering. Try enabling this compatibility option to see if it makes any difference.

If still no luck, then there is a very high chance, that something else is conflicting with the results. The best way to get to the problem is by following these steps:
    – First, temporarily switch the theme to the default (twentytwentyone or similar), and check if the problem persist. If not, then there is something going on in the theme search.php file – reordering/changing the results
    – If no luck, then temporarily turning off all other plugins one by one – especially search plugins/filters plugins or anything similar. Those can and hook into the results page like ajax search pro, overriding one another.

Let me know if anything changes when doing these tests.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

So I switched over to Twenty Twenty-One on our staging site and got the same results as on the production site. I am using the search.php file for results and just the basic loop although I am showing a different result from a layout standpoint whether it’s a product or a post.

Guess I’ll have to look through my functions.php file as I’m pretty sure I don’t have a plugin installed which would affects the order of things.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Let me know if you find anything there.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Interesting, I have no clue what could be the cause. I double checked the source on our ends, but I can’t see a problem.

Can you add temporary FTP and back-end details? I would like to debug the queries executed on both the the live and results pages. That will help me pinpoint the issue. Thank you!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you, the IP is okay, but the server does not allow password authentication method: https://i.imgur.com/gdXJZmU.png
    You may need to enable that in the sshd config files temporarily.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you, that worked.

I made a minor correction to the code, which I believe was the cause. It seems to be fine now. If it is okay now, then it was a yet unknown issue. If you confirm it looks okay now, I will make sure to append this fix to the next release.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

That does look like it did the trick! Thank you very much for the assistance and helping to sort out the issue.

-Wally

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Inconsitent results between vertical & search page’ is closed to new replies.