Increase the speed in which the suggestion appear

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Increase the speed in which the suggestion appear

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by minhdo minhdo 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    minhdo
    minhdo
    Participant

Hi,
    I followed this link in order to increase the speed of the search suggestion. However after disable some settings, when I use the search in the link I provided in Private Details section, if I am to search for example “Ber”, the suggestion would take around 2s to appear, is there a way to make the suggestion faster? Could you please tell me what I did wrong and what I need to do in order to make it faster?

Thank you in advance!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

The ajax response speed mostly depends on the server performance, that is the biggest factor. I have made a few tests, and the average measured speeds were around 0.8 seconds for your server, which is extremely good for a WordPress installation. Check a test recording: https://youtu.be/NsnLyKpHwe0

From the plugins perspective there is not much you can do, the rest is up to the server now. But honestly, results below 1 second are very impressive for an ajax search request.
    Sites which have “instant” searches, usually have a 3rd party search server, where the search process is executed on a different server, and the results are sent back to the site. Usually however these solutions have a pricey monthly fee, and are likely a bit harder to implement. Unfortunately that is beyond the scope of this simple plugin.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

minhdo
    minhdo
    Participant

Hi,
    Ah ok, I see, thanks for the explanation. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.