Index Table loaded, search icon goes round and round

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Index Table loaded, search icon goes round and round

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Mark Klinefelter
    Mark Klinefelter
    Participant

I tried eliminating the problem by disabling all plugins and switched themes. None of that changed anything. I have one search instance loaded in the widget on every sidebar of the site. I did switch to regular engine and it loads results. The results it delivers though have nothing to do with what was typed into the search box.

When i want to edit the search bar I get an error message: see attached screenshot.

The reason I wanted to use (and it worked after I bought it 6 months ago) was to be able to search in shortcodes.

If you could tinker with it and see what happens would appreciate it. I disabled 2 factor auth until you are done logging in. Thanks.

Mark

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

Sorry about the late response, I did indeed miss your ticket by accident.

Can you please check the login url? I’ve tried http://www.petvetoasis.com/wp-admin/ and http://www.petvetoasis.com/wp-login.php but both redirect me to this url: http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/http:/www.petvetoasis.com/blocked/

Let me know if I’m doing something incorrectly.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Mark Klinefelter
    Mark Klinefelter
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Mark Klinefelter
    Mark Klinefelter
    Participant
    Mark Klinefelter
    Mark Klinefelter
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

Sorry I couldn’t answer yesterday, I had to go home and leave some tickets open, this week I had some issues sleeping 🙂

I’m logging in now, will get back to you as soon as I can.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I have found the issue. Strangely it was the post processing image parser throwing an error message. Strange, because it hasn’t been changed in a while. I will look into that in more details on my test servers. I’ve fixed the issue, by changing 1 line in the plugin code, now it should work fine.

I’ve also switched back to the index table engine, and checked if it’s indeed running correctly – it does now.

The back end freeze issue: I believe it was only a script cache related problem. Sometimes when updating a plugin and the script files change, the browser might not immediately re-parse them, or if using a cache plugin, it might still serve the older file to the browser. The script files are loaded with a version string to prevent that, but of course often it does nothing at all.
    I usually clear all my caches, including page, database, script, CDN, varnish, browser cache after updating a plugin – as I’m usually getting similar problems. When I check the source files, the cause is almost every time an outdated file serving. There are so many layers of cache nowadays, that it’s really easy to get an error message.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Mark Klinefelter
    Mark Klinefelter
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are welcome!

Yes, of course, it will be fixed for the upcoming version, you don’t have to worry about that 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.