Index Table Search – long keywords not found

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Index Table Search – long keywords not found

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Julius89
    Julius89
    Participant

Hello!
    The search (index table search activated) doesn’t work properly on my site. So, I have lots of long words on my pages, which aren’t found by the search engine. For example, there are no results for the german word “waschmaschine” (used over 300 times on one page). But interestingly, if it’s split in half as “wasch maschine” the search works correctly.
    Do you have any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks
    Julius

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Julius,

Thank you for the details. There is a word length restriction, but it is far longer than that (50 characters limit). The issue is definitely something else, probably an exclusion of some sort, or configuration related.

Can you please add temporary back-end access and FTP details? I would like to check and test your configuration, and run a debugging session on the code if neccessary.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Julius89
    Julius89
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you Julius, I think I have found the issues.

1. The post contents are indeed very large, but the extra text is wrapped in the [hide] .. [/hide] shortcodes. When the plugin tried to idnex that, the shortcode execution simply removed that whole part – all of the keywords. I have added an exception for that shortcode here: https://i.imgur.com/ZtzmxhS.png
    The index size grew from 15k keywords to 335k, which seems to be correct.

2. The pool size values were also set incorrectly, I have changed that back to the default: https://i.imgur.com/qYSvnUt.png

Now, searching “waschmaschine” or any other keyword should give you the expected results.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Julius89
    Julius89
    Participant

Great! It works. Thank you very much 🙂

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.