installing Ajax search pro.

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support installing Ajax search pro.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

 
Participant
6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #5033

    Participant

    Hi,
    Uploaded and installed via wordpress dashboard, but none of the options are available, can’t ajust or change any of the settings! what have i done wrong?

    Martin Slatter

    #5035

    Hi!

    Try the following steps, one of them might help:

    • Check if the plugin is indeed activated in the plugin manager
    • Try to delete and install the plugin again
    • Make sure you don’t have any custom back-end themes enabled (custom admin themes might not support some plugins)

    Sometimes the plugin manager fails to upload the file correctly and it might cause missing or incorrect files. In that case the above mentioned solutions should work.

    If the problem is something else, then I need more information as well to see where the problem might be:

    • Can you see the Ajax Search Pro menu on the back-end?
    • Did it show any error message upon activation?
    • Can you create a new search instance?
    • Can you change other plugin settings?

    Could you also provide temporary back-end and ftp access? It’s extremely hard to solve a problem without seeing it. You can provide temporary access by editing your first post or uploading a .txt file with the details. Both methods are safe and only visible for you and me.

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


    #5037

    Participant

    I tried all of that, nothing helped :/
    Yes i can see pro on back end, no error messages,yes can create new search instances and yes i can change other plugin settings.
    I have now given the necessary ftp and admin info in the first post.
    Good luck.

    Martin

    #5039

    Hi!

    I’ve found the cause. There is a javascript error caused by on of the the Blog Manager Light plugin scripts, that blocks further page processing. When I disabled it temporary, the search back-end worked again.

    Since you gave me FTP access as well, I’ve made a tiny modification to that javascript file to prevent this error.
    The file is: public_html\ledigehjerter\wp-content\plugins\blog-manager-light\assets\js\otw-admin-bm-functions.js
    and I have added an extra line, number 5.
    The search back-end works now, but it’s not a long term solution, since upgrading this plugin will overwrite this change.

    I will notify the plugin developer to not load it’s plugin javascript files on other plugin pages as it is causing problems. It’s a common mistake by developers.

    If the issue appears again, just disable the Blog Manager Light until you configure the search, that’s probably the best way to deal with the problem 🙂

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


    #5040

    Participant

    Ok, fantastic 🙂 Thanks for the help, quick and effective. I was thinking of removing the plugin you mentioned anyway, so problem solved 🙂

    Thank you very much.

    Martin 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.