Integration

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    maxx
    maxx
    Participant

Hello

i thought the plugin will replace the current wordpress general search. However it does not. Is there any way to have this search included into my website search?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Make sure that the automatic replacement is activated. If that does not work, then the theme does not use the recommended get_search_form method to display it’s search bar, thus making it impossible to replace automatically.
    In that case, usually the only option is to change the shortcode within the theme files directly. For that you can ask the theme author, they usually know how to do that.
    You can also add temporary FTP and back-end details, and I will check the theme files, maybe I can find the corresponding file to replace the form.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

maxx
    maxx
    Participant

Thank you. I was able to set it and have your search included now. However i was not able to find any setting to have the results drop down lager. On search pages it is fine, but inside the header it is very small. Is there any trick to adapt the search box width?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Well, you have two possible options:

1. To increase the search bar width on desktop devices: https://i.imgur.com/nc3SDQq.png

2. ..or use a custom CSS to force a wider results box width, something like this:

@media only screen and (min-width: 1250px)
        .asp_r {
            min-width: 600px;
            margin-left: -200px !important;
        }
    }

Both numbers should be adjusted accordingly, to change the width, as well as the left margin, so the results align with the box.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.