Internet Explorer

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    99projects
    99projects
    Participant

On the page https://www.basicfinance.info/begrippen/ I have used your plugin. I think it works great! Finally a search plugin that works in WP. Really love it. Ans it works in any decent modern browser. But unfortunately I can’t get it to work on Internet Explorer – I know… 😉 I’m testing this in IE11 on a Windows laptop running Windows 7. Putting in a search term like ‘aandeel’ doesn’t do anything…

A lot of our vistors still use this ‘browser’ so I would like to enable them to use it as well.
    Did I miss anything during setup? Or is there a workaround?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you very much for the details and your kind words!

This is a known issue with the very last release, it had been reported yesterday 🙂 Luckily there is a workaround until the upcoming release, it needs a manual file replacemend, and a configuration. Please follow this guide:

1. Open up the wp-content\plugins\ajax-search-pro\js\nomin\jquery.ajaxsearchpro.js file on your server
    2. Replace it’s content with this.
    3. Save the file
    4. Make sure to have this option set to ‘Non-minified’.
    5. Clear all layers of cache.

Let me know if you need any help with this. After clearing all layers of cache, this should work.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

99projects
    99projects
    Participant

Big thanks, Ernest! It works in IE now as well.
    Can you tell me if I should do anything when this issue is resolved in the next release?
    Or will it all be fixed automatically?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.