Is it possible to include by ID?

Home Forums Product Support Forums Related Posts Pro for WordPress Support Is it possible to include by ID?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dlmweb
    dlmweb
    Participant

Hello WP Dreams,
    First time using your plugin. I’ve read all 52 pages of the documentation pdf, but don’t see what I’m looking for, or I can’t implement it correctly.

First let me define the GOAL:
    When I create an instance, I want to dictate exactly the 4 specific posts I want to display, and then use the shortcode to place that instance on a specific Page. I plan to create several different instances. Each instance will display a different set of 4 specific posts.

I’ve created and styled the first instance and added it to my test page here –
    https://www.surroundslandscaping.com/dlm-test/

Questions:
    1. I thought I told it exactly which posts I want to display (screenshot attached), but it’s not pulling those 4 posts. How do I specify exactly which 4 posts I want to appear?

2. Under Theme > Transitioning Layout > Animation, is there a simple, slide or rotate option?

3. I can’t figure out why some posts are displaying Title and Content, while others display only Title. Where’s the content?

4. Is there an option for a read more link at the end of the content/excerpt?

Thank you. Really enjoying the plugin… this is exactly what the client had in mind.
    Danna

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Danna,

Thank you very much for your kind words!

1. You almost got it right, based on your screenshot the override is not active. Changing the Override Content ? and the Override source options will solve it: https://i.imgur.com/irbiSeY.png

2. The Coverflow or Shinkansen is a slide from right to left, the Ferris wheel is a top-down rotate animation, and the Rotate me softly is kind of a combination of corner slide and opacity.

3. Usually the content is missing whenever there are shortcodes involved. On the Content Options panel, try experimenting with the Run shortcodes in content? and the Strip shortcodes from content? options: https://i.imgur.com/NrjzOkA.png
    Usually the combination on the screenshot has the best effect on missing contents.

4. Unfortunately there is no option for that.

I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

dlmweb
    dlmweb
    Participant

Hello Ernest,
    Thank you for your response. Some things have worked; others have not.

I was able to Override Content and have the 4 selected posts display in the instance – great!

Related Issues:
    1. Despite testing several configurations of Content Options > Formatting Options, the content still does not appear on two of the posts, only the title. I have not yet tried creating custom content for these posts, but perhaps the answer.

2. When I have the Output Options > Show the plugin under content > ON, then the instance appears on each page and displays the correct 4 posts. However, when I turn this setting to OFF, and then add the instance shortcode to the page: https://www.surroundslandscaping.com/dlm-test/ the result is that only blank white boxes appear, with no content at all… no image, no title, no content. You’ll can see that live at that URL.

3. While I was testing the various settings I got several white screens of death. Hmmm.

Thank you,
    Danna

dlmweb
    dlmweb
    Participant

Ernest,
    Would have dashboard credentials help you review this?
    Thanks,
    Danna

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Danna,

I’ve tried to re-create the issues, especially the empty content one, but I’m not able to on my test servers.

Can you please add temporary FTP and back-end access as well? I would like to do a step-by-step debugging on the plugin code to see where the override fails, and also check why the content issue is happening.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

dlmweb
    dlmweb
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you very much, this helped me a lot.

I was able to find and fix both the empty content and the missing content issues. Both were yet unknown bugs, so I have noted to fix them permanently for the upcoming release.

The content should be displayed correctly now.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

dlmweb
    dlmweb
    Participant

Ernest,
    Thank you so much for your efforts and supporting your plugin. All looks good.
    I will keep an eye on it, but I think this is a wrap.
    Thank you,
    Danna

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Is it possible to include by ID?’ is closed to new replies.