Is the indexing speed proportionate to the CPU and RAM of my server?

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Is the indexing speed proportionate to the CPU and RAM of my server?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by qwerty389 qwerty389 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    qwerty389
    qwerty389
    Participant

I’m adding like 5k of posts per day and indexing is struggling to catch up as I don’t run my posting processes and indexing at the same time. I’d stop my posting processes and run the indexing.

But I wonder if I upgrade my machine with more CPU or RAM or even move my db to a separate server, will it improve the indexing speed proportionally or even allowing me to add posts while indexing at the same time?

I’m now running a single instance of t2.xlarge (vCPU: 4, 64-bit, 16GB RAM) on AWS

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you have this option enabled, and after inserting each post the “save_post” action is properly executed (as if a new post or an existing is updated) it will be indexed automatically at the same moment. I strongly suggest doing that instead of manual indexing, it is instantenious.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

qwerty389
    qwerty389
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

qwerty389
    qwerty389
    Participant

Cool! Thank you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.