Is there a way

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Loot70
    Loot70
    Participant

Display results by default when the page loads-
    Is there a way to only auto-populate search results when the search bar is clicked?

and if I use Multisite with 3 big sites will the search be faster if I break the sites up or would it be about the same.

if I have a big database of 50k entries can I do some things to the server that will speed the search up? like more ram/CPU or other things

is there a way to set a hover color for the > and < of the results pages

and how to set breakpoints for mobile and tablets, not the post size breakpoints but the actual plugin breakpoints for results

• This topic was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Loot70 Loot70.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Loot70 Loot70.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately the auto-poulate only works on the page load, it is not possible on the search input click, that would have to be custom coded.

The index table engine may help you with that, it should make a great performance impact, especially if you are having a lot of posts.

The results page layout is unfortunately controlled by the theme you are using, the plugin cannot affect that.

and how to set breakpoints for mobile and tablets, not the post size breakpoints but the actual plugin breakpoints for results
    What exactly do you mean by that? Styling (width, height etc..) of the search bar, or live results list, or the results page?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Loot70
    Loot70
    Participant

is there a way to set a hover color for the > and < of the results pages

you missed one =)

if I use Multisite with 3 big sites will the search be faster if I break the sites up or would it be about the same.

I need the media queries for the plugin it’s self so I can match them to my site.
    like a custom CSS box for desktop and one for tablets and one for phones and be able to match them to my site. like the @media queries

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Loot70 Loot70.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Loot70 Loot70.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Well, you can use these media queries if you want to target specific resolutions.

if I use Multisite with 3 big sites will the search be faster if I break the sites up or would it be about the same.
    I think it would be around the same.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Loot70
    Loot70
    Participant

“Well, you can use these media queries if you want to target specific resolutions.”
    So I put the media queries in my custom CSS for the plugin?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Well you can use them in whatever custom CSS field. But these are only sample media queries, you still need to fill in the actual CSS rules you want.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Is there a way’ is closed to new replies.