Isotopic link

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    InsightDezign
    InsightDezign
    Participant

Can you tell me how the isotopic link works? I see where the url is called out but that url is used on the entire block. I’m assuming a script is doing this but I need to know what script is so I can modify the way the link works. I want to open a modal rather than link to the post page.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Sure, the link is indeed controlled by the main script. However I do not recommend direct modifications to it, as it will reset every time you update the plugin. Instead, using a custom script within your child theme/theme functions file is a much viable option.
    To prevent the redirection and to get the link URL, you need to attach an event to the result container, with event default prevention like so:

jQuery(function($) {
      $('.asp_r').off('click', '.asp_isotopic_item');
      $('.asp_r').on('click', '.asp_isotopic_item', function(e){
        e.preventDefault(); // Prevent redirection
        var url = $(this).find('a.asp_res_url').attr('href'); // Get the link URL
        // Do your code thing here, use the url variable for the link URL
      });
    });

Now, to use it in the functions.php file in your theme directory, you can construct something like:

add_action('wp_footer', 'asp_footer_script_custom');
    function asp_footer_script_custom() {
      ?>
      <script type="text/javascript">
      jQuery(function($) {
        $('.asp_r').off('click', '.asp_isotopic_item');
        $('.asp_r').on('click', '.asp_isotopic_item', function(e){
          e.preventDefault(); // Prevent redirection
          var url = $(this).find('a.asp_res_url').attr('href'); // Get the link URL
          // Do your code thing here, use the url variable for the link URL
        });
      });
      </script>
      <?php
    }

The url variable holds the result URL, and the redirection is already prevented, so you can do whatever you want after that line.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.