Issue between post content and ACF product

Home Forums Product Support Forums Related Posts Pro for WordPress Support Issue between post content and ACF product

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bendnote
    bendnote
    Participant

Hello,

We currently have a wordpress version 4.5.2 with the Goliath theme and Woocommerce.

We would like to show the related products for a post by comparing key words from the post to several custom fields from the products.

We configured the back office that way (picture in attachment)

With that configuration it doesn’t show any products on the posts.
    Is there anything we might have forgotten ?

Thank you in advance

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

The configuration looks correct to me, it should be fine that way.

– Are the custom fields text based fields, or something comlex (like objects, some kind of selector, etc..)? I only recommend using text or textarea input fields (if using ACF) to store the keywords. Other fields might have different storage, and might not be visible for related posts pro in the database.

– Another thing might be the keyword occurence. By default, the plugin only considers words that occur 2 or more times within custom fields as well. On the Relevance Options -> Keyword options panel, try changing the Minimum Occurences option to 0 and also, try increasing the Keywords maximum count option to 10: https://i.imgur.com/tfFdKxt.png

When testing these options, I recommend turning off your site cache, and the related posts cache as well on the Advanced Options panel: https://i.imgur.com/FzPr9CD.png

I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Related Posts Pro for WordPress Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.