Issue searching categories

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Issue searching categories

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    andrewc1980
    andrewc1980
    Participant

Hi,

If you look at https://eposiq.com the search for stand does not display the category stands or stands that are in that woocommerce product category.

As you can see in the attached screenshots the sources are products and stands.

is there something else I need to select or adjust for it to search product categories as well?

Thanks,
    Andrew

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the details! Can you please link a page where the plugin search bar is visible? I can only see the theme search in the header on the front page. Thank you!

If you wish to search the product by product categories, then check this documentation as well.
    Also, the WooCoomerce results page is usually not capable of displaying product categories as results – only products or variations. If you are seeing only products there, then it is because of that reason.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

andrewc1980
    andrewc1980
    Participant

Hi,

The ajax search pro has been enabled for the theme search results. if the woocommerce results page is only capable of showing results as products does that mean that I would need to include the category in the product title in order for the stands results to show?

Thanks,
    Andrew

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Not at all, all you need is the option I previously linked. That enables showing results by product categories – so products by searching the product category names.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

andrewc1980
    andrewc1980
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I have tried the search now, but I am seeing a lot of other items in the results list when searching for “stand”: https://i.imgur.com/sxFhLFu.png
    Is this not correct?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

andrewc1980
    andrewc1980
    Participant

Hi,

It should be these results that show when stands are searched for, most of these are missing from the search results https://eposiq.com/product-category/scanners/accessories/stands-holders-mounts/

Thanks,
    Andrew

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

By default the plugin shows the first 10 results as matches. Since I am seeing at least 10 matches, I assume the rest of them are simply not shown. You can increase the limits, then more of them should show up.
    For more relevant matching, you can also try changing the primary/secondary keyword logics. Try maybe an AND with exact keywords matches as primary and AND as secondary for more strict matches.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.