Issue with Duplicate Same Product in Searches

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Issue with Duplicate Same Product in Searches

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    niumalta96
    niumalta96
    Participant

Hi,
    I have an issue with the same product being duplicated in search results in multiple pages , most times I found them in the first page and the last page of a search. See Examples below:

When searching example “TV”, we noticed that Search Page first page and last page contain the same duplicated products, see :
    {url here}/?post_type=product&s=tv&asp_active=1&p_asid=1&p_asp_data=1&customset[]=product&customset[]=product_variation&asp_gen[]=excerpt&asp_gen[]=content&asp_gen[]=title&filters_initial=1&filters_changed=0&qtranslate_lang=0&woo_currency=EUR&current_page_id=238

and {url here}/page/5/?post_type=product&s=tv&asp_active=1&p_asid=1&p_asp_data=1&customset%5B0%5D=product&customset%5B1%5D=product_variation&asp_gen%5B0%5D=excerpt&asp_gen%5B1%5D=content&asp_gen%5B2%5D=title&filters_initial=1&filters_changed=0&qtranslate_lang=0&woo_currency=EUR&current_page_id=238

– This Product {url here}/product/atron-flat-wall-bracket-for-37-55-inches-tvs/ is duplicated in search

This happens also when searchin “Peppa Pig” too:

{url here}/?post_type=product&s=Peppa+pig&asp_active=1&p_asid=1&p_asp_data=1&customset[]=product&customset[]=product_variation&asp_gen[]=excerpt&asp_gen[]=content&asp_gen[]=title&filters_initial=1&filters_changed=0&qtranslate_lang=0&woo_currency=EUR&current_page_id=91025

You can find this product “PEPPA PIG MUDDY PUDDLES CHARITY FAMILY FIGURE PACK” on both pages 1 and 2: {url here}/product/peppa-pig-muddy-puddles-charity-family-figure-pack/

I tried the api too suggested here: https://wp-dreams.com/forums/topic/duplicate-results/ but it is only working before searching and not when going to the search page where the results are loaded.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by niumalta96 niumalta96.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the details, it helps a lot!

I checked the configuration, and I noticed that the results per page option was set to 48, but on the actual results page it is set to 12 only. I believe that caused the incorrect overlap. I changed the number back to auto, so now it follows the default configuration.

If you need to change the results on the page, I recommend changing it in the WooCommerce related option – usually in the theme options or within the customizer it is possible to change the number of items. Ajax Search Pro will automatically fetch that number correctly from the query.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

niumalta96
    niumalta96
    Participant

Thank you for your help 🙂 This solved my search issue.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.