Issue with Isotopic results and filtering of texonomy results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Issue with Isotopic results and filtering of texonomy results

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by jmjones328650 jmjones328650 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jmjones328650
    jmjones328650
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

I have a couple of issues that I would massively appreciate some help with.

1. I have created a page and inserted AJAX Search Pro to display Isotopic results based on custom taxonomies (individuals). I have set the default display all setting and turned infinite scroll on. However, only 30 results appear after a couple of turns on the infinite scroll. I would like to have all the custom taxonomies being displayed with infinite scroll.

2. The custom taxonomy links to a page which shows a profile for each person. In that page, there are details of known locations etc. My question is whether the filter can be configured so when I select ‘London’ only individuals who have been tagged in London appear in the search results?

Happy to provide access on request.

Kind regards,

Joe

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

1. There is an internal limit set to prevent over over 10 iterations. It can be bypassed however by using a small custom code snippet. Try adding this custom code to the functions.php in your theme/child theme directory. Before editing, please make sure to have a full site back-up just in case!

add_filter( 'asp_query_args', 'asp_change_remaining_limit_mod', 10, 2 );
    function asp_change_remaining_limit_mod( $args, $id ) { 
      $args['_remaining_limit_mod'] = 9999999;
      return $args;
    }

2. If the persons are wordpress users in this case, then it is not possible. If these are custom post types, then it should be doable via taxonomy term filters.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

jmjones328650
    jmjones328650
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thanks for getting back in touch. Unfortunately, the solution regarding the internal limit did not work.

No visible change was observed.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

It might be hard-coded then. I can suggest a modification to the taxonomy terms search file, but I am not sure if it will actually work:

1. Open up the wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/includes/classes/search/class-asp-search-terms.php file on your server
    2. Replace it’s contents with this
    3. Save

If all goes well, it should do something.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

jmjones328650
    jmjones328650
    Participant

Fantastic!
    That did the trick. Thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.